In 1885, Rancho Cordova was known as Hangtown Crown, while in 1900, it changed its name to become Mills Station or Mayhew Station. The following was at the time of the Gold Rush era. The official name that was given to the city was Cordova Vineyard. Its location was at Rancho Rio de Los Americans, specifically at the center of a land grant. Rancho Cordova was given many names, including the Cordova Village and Cordova Vineyard, before 1995 when the community became established and given the official name Rancho Cordova.
Rancho Cordova was a community called the "Mills for a very long time, with its location that stretched to the Eastern side of Brighton Township. In early 1893, the town got this name because it was had a grist mill that was old and near found along a river.
In 1844, William Leidesdorff was given Rancho Rio De Los Americanos, 35,500 acres, before his death in 1848. He left Rancho and other properties that he had to his heir, who lived in San Francisco. Later on, Rancho was purchased from his heir by Capt. Joseph Folsom. In 1885, he renamed the place, Folsom, after himself. In 1846, there was the construction of the ancient Leidesdorff Adobe, located near Routier Station.
At this time, travelers who were miners from Sacramento moved to Rancho Cordova as they searched for gold at the foothills. The following resulted in many other stations being built in the area, including dirt trails that were the first. Later on, elevated roads were built, serving travelers who were moving to the East part.
Rancho Cordova experienced several commercial buildings, stations, and hotels, placed at intervals of one-mile on that route. Due to having many situations, Rancho Cordova grew to become a Post Office of the U.S., and the early settlers at the site were employed to serve as the postmistress postmasters. Between the 1880s-1850s, Rancho Cordova had grown into a strong community in the farming of orchards and vineyards.
In 1852,at the Mills area, an inn was two-storeyed, and its owner was called Louis Lepetit. There were approximately four stage-lines that ran through the site. At the southeast were two which headed to Placerville while the remaining went to Colima. Unfortunately, the inn got destroyed by a fire, which led to Me. Lepetit was deciding to rebuild another inn at the other side, which was just across the road.
The heritage of agriculture that was at Rancho Cordova went through tough times in the 1930s and 40s. Even the production of wine from Joseph Routier andthe Vineyard of Roland Federspeil Cordova that was used in serving wine at Teddy Roosevelt party at the White House was affected. A drought was experienced in the northern parts of California for a while; hence things became worse. Therefore, tax rates were raised by the State Legislature, which affected properties, and they set values that were opposed to using the actual land. Thus, farm produce production became much more challenging for the farmers who found difficulty keeping their lands.
In the 1950s and 60s, residents in Rancho Cordova began working at Aerojet. The space race height had begun while others were placed to work at the Base of Mather Ari Force. Mather had around a thousand homes, which meant that many people were to love off the base.
During this time, construction processes had begun in Rancho Cordova, specifically at the Zinfandel Drive and Folsom Boulevard. The Westside accommodated three homes, which were the first to be built, and they were model homes on the street. Opposite them were duplexes, placed at the corner which initially housed the post and sales office in Rancho Cordova.
In 1961 and 1978, several attempts were made in Rancho Cordova that aimed to incorporate it. In 1978, the efforts were kept alive for over twenty years, and finally, in 2002, the voters went to the ballot.The record of supporters showed that 7% had agreed to pass it, and up to date, it still stands.
Rancho Cordova now boasts of the Sacramento Children's Museum, experience the California Cavern State Historic Landmark, the Sky High Sports Club, or go to the Cavern State Historic Landmark of California.Rancho Cordova also has several branches of the biggest companies found in U.SU.SU.S. Some include the VSP Vision Care and Pick-n-Pull.